Sunday, August 21, 2016

JULY 31, 2016

ITS OFFICIALLY THE RAINY SEASON!

This has been such a good week! at the beginning of the week we had exchanges with our STLS. We had lots of fun and it was fun being able to be back with my batch mates from the MTC! I came to realized that whenever I go on exchanges I usually eat something exotic!!! This time I ate fried chicken foot!!! yes the actual foot! I didn't really know you could eat that but you can!!! you pull off all the individual toes of the chicken foot and eat the meat off of that and then you eat the meat on the foot!!! it wasn't bad!!!  of course it just TASTES LIKE CHICKEN!!! haha

It has rained NON STOP the past 6 days!! currently it is raining again!!! the streets get flooded and that means we are wet all day long!!! One night we were working and then it started to rain then rain harder and harder and luckily I remembered my umbrella! Then we ran for shelter then we decided to keep walking and go to our next appointment as we were walking there was so much lightning then one struck and the thunder was ear blasting loud and it was so close to us we both screamed and waved down the nearest jeepney and decided to just go home! we were so terrified and did not feel safe! by the time we got home we were soaked from head to toe and my skirt weighed so much that I was afraid it was going to fall off!!! HAHA (See pictures)

Then it was Sunday and it was a good morning then 5 min before we are to travel to church it downpours rain again!!! we had to go out and wait for a jeepney which got us all wet then when we got out of the jeepney the streets were flooded so our Sunday shoes got all wet and oh man it was just such a wet day and everyone came in to church soaked from head to toe!!!   
IT IS OFFICIALLY NOW RAINY SEASON! ðŸŒ¦ðŸŒ¦ðŸŒ¦

Today in my personal study I read in Romans 12:21 and loved it so I will end my email with this verse:

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

I love you all and miss you all and hope you have a great week!!!

-Sister Thayn

No comments:

Post a Comment