Sunday, August 21, 2016

JULY 3, 2016

MY NEW AREA

This has been an awesome week! We had my check-up at the doctors and I am GREAT!!! my amoeba is all gone and I am healthy! I just now have to be careful with what I eat! The doctor I had was amazing! she was so nice! We also were able to talk to her about the gospel a little bit and give her a book of Mormon! She also lives in our area so she wanted to get our number and she says she will take us out to dinner sometime! She was so awesome!

This week we had days where we were punted the whole day and had no lessons because everyone was either busy or not home but this week we also had some of the most amazing lessons I have had in my entire mission! WOW! We were teaching these investigators a mother and daughter and the spirit was just so strong and I was able to bear my testimony at the end of the lesson again and the spirit that was there was undeniable it was incredible!!!!

Also we were fasting this week especially for one of our investigators Tatay Rojelio who told us earlier this week that he wanted to drop out and not get baptized but we bore our testimonies to him and told him to really pray to know what he should do and he said if he comes to church on Sunday then that means he wants to continue and be baptized and GUESS WHAT!!!! HE CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY!!!!! my companion and I were so happy!!!!! 

Also one night we had gone to all the people we had planned to visit and they were all busy and we had nowhere to go and it was raining so hard so we waited by the side of the road under a roof waiting out the rain... (of course we forgot our umbrellas!!!) I prayed silently to myself for heavenly father to lead us to someone or have us meet someone and as soon as i said amen this car pulled up by us and this big guy got out and was wearing this big gold cross around his neck to be honest I was a little intimidated of him but then he said Hey sisters is this your area in Mandurriao?? I responded YES!!! and he said Yeah I am a member from Leaganes (a few cities away) (wow I was a little surprised) he said well I am inactive but I once was a member! so we talked a little bit he was very nice and we asked if we could visit him and his family and he said of course!!!  
Wow that was a prayer answered and very quickly too! GOD DOES ANSWER OUR PRAYERS!!!

Well I am loving my area and my companion!!! These pictures are at a recent converts house The first one is with me and Ann Marie the new member and the second one with all of us and the third my companion Sister Tobias and I!!!!

I love you all!!!! Thanks for all the love and prayers!!!!

-Sister Thayn

No comments:

Post a Comment