Sunday, September 27, 2015

SEPTEMBER 27, 2015


Sister Bernadeth and Children
RAIN AND LOUD THUNDER!!

Hello Everyone!
This week has been good! It has been raining a lot this week! The thunder is so loud here is scares me to death! LOL We have had a pretty sucessful week! 

The other day we were walking down the street and said hi to this old man walking and he just kept walking past us. Then my companion leaned over to me and said if he stops then we will go and talk to him and sure enough he stopped right then. So we went up and talked to him and then we came to realize why he just walked past us... he is almost deaf! He just couldn't hear us talking to him! His

Sister Thayn & Edwardo's Grandson
name is Edwardo and he is 75 years old! We were telling him how he is so fit for his age and he said well more like yelled! Although I cant hear my body is still strong and then fell to the ground and started doing push-ups! I almost had a heart attack when he fell I thought he was dying or something but no he was just doing push-ups! LOL! We have started teaching him and he is amazing! He said how he knows that god sent us to him and he says that he believes everything that we are telling him! and he knows that Thomas S. Monson is the true living prophet. He is so fun to teach because we pretty much have to yell in his hear when we talk to him! He is just a funny and such a sweet man! In one of our lessons with him we got there and he said wait one second! He hopped on his bike and drove away and 15 min later came back with a box of pizza and said its 4:00 which is snack time so I had to bring us a snack to eat during our lesson! HAHA he is the best man ever! and he also came to church last   week  which is AMAZING!!!! 

We also found this Less active member and the past two weeks he has been at church! He also bore his testimony in sacrament meeting and his first week back paid his tithing! He is coming back to church and it is so amazing and hopefully is getting a calling soon! 

Chicken head and feet at a
 members BBQ stand

A mission is nothing like I thought it was going to be but it is so incredible. It is so hard but so rewarding at the same time! With all the miracles and blessings that happen all the hard times are just washed away!

This week my testimony has really grown about scripture study. Before my mission I always had a hard time reading and understanding the scriptures but now on my mission I absolutely love my personal study where I get to read the scriptures I look forward to that everyday! 

Well I hope all is well with everyone at home! 
Have a good week!
-Sister Thayn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment