Sunday, September 27, 2015

SEPTEMBER 14, 2015

PORK BLOOD SOUP!!
This has been a good but crazy week! We had a big zone training this week which was good and gave us all more motivation to do our best! We also have been visiting one of our investigator and her family every day and teaching them everyday! They aren't really progressing which is so sad because I know how much this will bless their lives!

Me in front of Rice fields
The other day when we were teaching them after the lesson I decided to help them learn a little English so I taught them the song head shoulders knees and toes and they had so much fun and were laughing then they sang me a song and then decided to help me with my language so we sat there and I would point at things and they would tell me how to say it and when I would say it they would just laugh and laugh at me cause I would pronounce it weird! HAHA we all had a good laugh!
ME with Cute children

On Friday we did exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders so I was in a different area and..... I got fed some interesting food!!!! I got fed Dinuguan, which is..... Pork Blood Soup! It actually wasn't terrible but luckily I had coke to wash everything I ate down LOL! But as the day went on I realized what I ate and I just grossed myself out but luckily it never made me sick! 
Pork blood soup

On Sunday we went to go pick up our investigator for church but she said she couldn't go so she sent her children age 9, 8, and 6 with us. It was stake conference so I just hope they weren't bored out of their minds cause we just sat for 2 hours but I hope and pray next week their mother will come! 

My kitchen
Life is good here in the Philippines! Still hot as ever and raining every day but So amazing and so good! Thanks for all the emails and prayers! 
Have a good week! 

-Sister Thayn

 

No comments:

Post a Comment