Wednesday, February 10, 2016

JANUARY 31,2016


FREEZING AT 70 DEGREE


Wow another week down, time flies by here so fast! In 7 days I will have been out for 7 Months! This week has been full of ups and downs but that's just how life is! I am reading the Old testament right now and have been reading so much about temples. Oh how i miss going to the temple. Please never take it for granted because when the nearest temple is on the next island over or very far away going to the temple is a lot more difficult than just driving 10 min. I cant wait to be able to go to the temple again.

This week we had a really cool experience. But it all started out this past week we were tracting and we were standing in front of this house deciding whether to knock or not and unfortunately we did not. Well fast forward a few days we were by that house again talking to this guy by a food stand and i look over and there is the other guy listening into our conversation so i look over and start talking to him and come to find out that was his house that we did not knock on the other day. It was such a confirmation from heavenly father that we needed to meet this guy. So on Friday we taught him and he has a very rough life but it was such a good and spiritual lesson I really pray and hope he will progress. 

Family in the Ward
This week we had our Trainers and Trainees meeting. It was such an incredible meeting. President Aquino had one of his old mission friends come and talk to us and the spirit was so undeniable in that room he was so full of the spirit. My goal is to have the spirit like he has with me! He said something so profound he said we need to fall in love with our mission and with the savior. And by the end of our mission more tears will be shed going home then leaving home. I know my savior lives and love me and all of you! He knows us personally and wants to talk and hear from us. I am really trying to gain a stronger relationship with my savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father! I have truly felt the spirit guide me and protect me so many times while on my mission. I also feel the presence of the people on the other side of the veil holding me and helping me so much on my mission. 

Something that I love is in Preach my gospel we are told to rely on the promise given to us all at the end of the Book of Mormon which is Moroni's promise. Ready Moroni 10:3-5. All we need to do is READ, PONDER, and PRAY. If we do that with real desire and intent we will receive an answer that it is true. So if you haven't done this before I would encourage you and you can see for yourself the miracles that come from that promise given to us by Moroni. 

Ok something crazy this week is I think I am really getting adjusted to the weather because it hit 70 degrees Fahrenheit the other day and we were all freezing! There is the get-up I had going to bed because I was so cold! I cant even imagine how cold it must be at home when i can barely survive 70 degree weather! 

Well I love you all and hope all is well at home I would love an update from you all! Thanks for all the love and support!!!!

Love,
       Sister Thayn

No comments:

Post a Comment