Thursday, April 28, 2016

APRIL 4, 2016

Transfers and a NEW companion

Hello EVERYONE! This has been such a crazy week but so good! Sad to say my companion sister Halatokoua transferred we were only companions for 4 weeks but we had so much fun! I have a new companion who is so amazing too! Her name is Sister Paquidian she is from the Philippines she is so kind and has such an amazing conversion story. She is the only member in her family and she is just so strong and such an amazing example to me!

So Wednesday was transfers and then Thursday and Friday i was in Iloilo for meetings and because my companion isnt an STL she stayed in Antique and my companion was the elders for the time being. It was so fun being in Iloilo I got to sleep over at my old apartment with my old companion sister Manilay which was so fun! Then i came home on Friday evening so tired from the crazy and windy roads in the mountains we ate and just went to bed! Then Saturday we had fun proselyting and working with members! Sunday was not general conference for us we get to watch that next week but we were able to watch the General Womens conference and that was amazing! There was only 13 people in the chapel 4 of them being the sister missionaries but the spirit was so strong and i learned how much we need to serve others especially our own neighbors. 

The exciting thing we did was this morning we had a zone activity where we rented a jeepney for the zone and all rode up about 1.5hours into the mountains and hiked. It was so much fun and i got lots of pictures. I rode on the top of the jeepney the whole way it was so fun and free AC. LOL Our zone is the best and we all have so much fun! The Philippines is so beautiful and I love being a missionary here and being able to serve all the people around me! 

Thank you for all the love and prayers I hope all is well at home! 
LOVE,
Sister Thayn


 

No comments:

Post a Comment