Monday, March 14, 2016

FEBRUARY 28, 2016

NEW AREA...NEW LANGUAGE...NEW ADVENTURES!!

WOW! it has been quite the crazy week but so fun too! Monday I found out I was transferring and then Tuesday we worked and I packed all my things. Wednesday we had to wake up at 5am and have all our stuff ready to leave and be at the mission office at 7am. Then from 7-2pm we had a sisters conference which was all fun and spiritual and made all of us sisters feel united and important! Then I had to say bye to my companion and met my new companion. But I found out I am going to be the only STL (sister training leader) in my new area and after sisters conference we had another meeting for all the leaders in the mission. Then my new companion went to back to the area because she isn't a leader so i found out i would be traveling just with the elders to my new area. We had our leadership meeting until 8 that night then woke up at 4:30am because there were 8 sisters staying in 1 apartment with 1 bathroom! (You could say that was crazy!) Then we had more meetings until 3pm that day! Then I was on my way to ANTIQUE!!!!! my new area. I went with the elders and we got dropped off at the bus terminal and packed all our bags in and we got on the bus and headed for a 2.5 hour drive to Antique. Luckily i got the window seat because me and the 2 elders squished on 3 tiny seats and just our luck there was no A.C but we had the window open and wind blowing in our faces! But we survived and arrived in San Jose Antique that night. As we got off the bus we grabbed a tricycle and put all my giant suitcases on the trike and strapped them down and were on our way to the apartment! It is quite the adventure here in the Philippines!!!

Also I think i forgot to mention! I will be learning a new language in this area. It is very similar to Hiligaynon but slightly different they have a lot of R's and roll their R's much more. I am now speaking Karaya... well learning karaya! but when I got here I learned I not only would be learning karaya but also ASL (American Sign Language) There are a lot of deaf people here and they know ASL so i will be learning that too! Oh man lots of new things! 

But i absolutely love my new area! I have the beach and mountains and rice fields! It is absolutely beautiful here! The people here are so humble and generous! We have a few investigator and members houses that are probably a 10 by10 little hut. Things are so different but so amazing! 

Now I have a few funny things to say! Well when i first got to the new apartment of course i had to go to the bathroom and guess what... NO TOILET PAPER!!! haha oh man but like i said just more adventures!!! HAHA! 
And yesterday we went to a less actives house and they live in a little hut on a hill right over the ocean and it is the most beautiful view in the WORLD!!!! after we had a lesson they told their nephew to go get some coconuts and like 3 minutes later i look up and see the nephew in the tree cutting down coconuts. Then we drank the coconut water and then the inside. This was only my second time ever doing this and they were all making fun of me and laughing! But i would have to admit it was super funny! Mostly because my new companion Sister Halatokoua is from Tonga and oh man she ate 7 coconuts before i could even finish 1. We were all laughing so much and left full of coconuts! 

I am so excited for my new area and new adventures! Although things are so much different here i am so excited to learn. I know this gospel is true and our savior loves us and is always there for us! Have a good week! 

-Sister Thayn


No comments:

Post a Comment