Monday, October 26, 2015

OCTOBER 18, 2015

SISTER PUSSYCAT



This week has been such a successful week! It has been so hard but also so rewarding! We did a lot of tracting this week which I don't always like but we had a lot of success and have a lot of return appointments and new investigators.

We finally got the guts to knock on this big house and the house help came out to try to shoo us away but then owner's son came out and we were able to talk to him and give him a Book of Mormon and then we were able to return to him the other day and he told us that he has been waiting for us. He straight away asked us for an English Book of Mormon so he could understand it which made me so happy so I can actually understand everything that goes on in the lesson cause he speaks English! His name is Bon he is 28 years old and is a nurse and going to school. He is very receptive and I am so excited to keep teaching him and watch and see his faith grow! 

We had such a funny lesson with Edwardo this week. He always like to tease me and he calls my hair pussycat and then he told me my nickname is sister pussycat! And when he was praying in our lesson he said please bless sister pussycat and sister Fantone and when he said sister pussycat he grabbed my hair. I couldn't contain my laughter during the prayer he made me laugh so hard! He is such a funny man! He always likes to tease me. Yesterday we had a lesson with him and all of a sudden we feel this drop of rain and then BOOM! it started pouring rain so we all grabbed our things and ran inside. The rain is crazy here! one second it is sunny and hot and the next second down pouring rain and... well still hot!!!! 

Missionary work is truly incredible and I love sharing the incredible message and good news of the gospel every day with the people here in the Philippines. This gospel and being baptized is our key into the celestial kingdom! We just have to continue to endure to the end and do our best and we are promised everlasting life. The blessing and miracles here are just pouring out exactly like the rain here. 

Love you all have a good week!

-Sister Thayn (pussycat)

No comments:

Post a Comment