Sunday, August 16, 2015

AUGUST 14, 2015


Maayong Hapon! (Good Afternoon)
Next Thursday at 6:30am  I will be on my way to the airport! This week has been good! Yesterday we had In-field orientation for 8 hours straight! That was exhausting but I learned a lot! I learned how important members are in missionary work! I am so excited to get out into the field! 

We has something really funny happen in a lesson this week! Our investigator asked us who Jesus Christ was to us, my companion was responding and said "Siya utot lalaki ko" which she thought meant "He is my boy sibling" (They don't have a word in Ilonggo for brother so you say boy sibling) but the word fr sibling is utod not utot. Instead of saying "he is my boy sibling" she said "he is my boy fart". After she said that our investigator laughed so hard and we couldn't figure out why until after the lesson we asked our teacher what she said... We sure got a good laugh out of that!

Today we went to the Provo Temple and did an Endowment session. Then after we went to the cafeteria and ate breakfast. I can not tell you how incredible it was to have real food again!!!! Also this week I learned how simple the gospel is. There is no reason to make it difficult or hard when sharing the gospel with others. The gospel is a beautiful and simple thing!

I cant believe next pday I will be in the Philippines! Thank you for all your prayers i have really felt them! Have a good week! I encourage everyone to pray for an opportunity to serve someone this week! 

Halong! (Take Care)

Palangga 'Taka!

-Sister Thayn


No comments:

Post a Comment